Comments about Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Science - At the institution - Athens - AL - Alabama
The bachelors degree in Behavioral Science is a joint degree between the fields of Psychology and Sociology. Core courses in each discipline are taken to provide the student with the option of seeking employment after graduation or to pursue graduate training. The Department goals are aimed at: (1) enhancing the student’s understanding of human services settings through a broad knowledge base of applied and clinical areas of human behavior; (2) instilling an appreciation for the ethical principles governing the fields of psychology, social work, and counseling; (3) cultivating life-long learning through proficient use of technology and information; (4) developing reasoning and analytical skills, and (5) communicating effectively orally and in writing.
Bachelor of Science - Behavioral Science Major
MAJOR CODE: 30.9999
Program components for the Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Behavioral Science include:
1. APPLICABLE GENERAL UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS:
To graduate, each student must:
• complete a minimum of 33 semester hours of the last 39 semester hours at ASU.
• complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of upper level college/university credit (300-400 level courses).
• complete a minimum of 15 semester hours of upper (300/400) level coursework in his or her major at Athens State
University, not including courses taken by consortium arrangement. School or departmental regulations may require
more than 15 semester hours of coursework in the major at Athens State University.
• complete all course requirements for major(s).
• complete all course requirements for minor (if applicable).
• complete all of the general education requirements for the degree.
• attain an overall grade point average of 2.0, a 2.0 on all coursework attempted at Athens State University and at least a
2.0 in the major field. School or departmental regulations may require more than a 2.0 grade point average (see major
requirements in each discipline).
• complete the total hour requirement as specified by the degree.
• complete the teacher certification requirements