The Bachelor of Interior Architecture is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and the National Association for Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The program prepares people for careers in interior architecture and design through placing value and emphasis on technical, social, psychological, cultural, environmental, economical, spiritual, and physical factors to comprehensively respond to human needs. The program is integrated with the undergraduate program in architecture providing students opportunity to experience the interrelationships among disciplines and the ability to examine a variety of design theories and philosophies. Critical thinking and creativity are important in the development of the person as well as the professional and are emphasized throughout the curriculum.
* Accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
* Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
* Only undergraduate Interior Architecture program in Michigan
* Student award winners in the Michigan Chapter ASID Senior Design Competition, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
* First place winner International IDEC Student Design Competition 2001 and 2006
* 4 regional winners International IDEC Student Design Competition 2001 and regional winner 2003, 2006, and 2007
* One of 25 students selected internationally for Steelcase University (1999)
* First and third place winners in the 2002 Furniture Design Competition – Michigan Design Center
* Award winners in all categories - IIDA Michigan Student Competition - 2008 and 2009.
* Student Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
* Required internship
* Graduates employed by top firms such as Steelcase, Gensler, Victor Saroki, JPRA, JGA, Rossetti Associates and Hamilton/Anderson
* 5th year Dual Degree available with Architecture
* Faculty combine significant practice and academic experience
* Opportunity to take LTU course in Paris during the summer