The BIT with a concentration in Computer Forensics can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Network Security Specialist
* Electronic Document Retention Specialist
* Computer Forensics Analyst
* Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BIT with a concentration in Computer Forensics features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. The program presents the tools and techniques of computer forensic investigations and then offers students instruction in ways to prevent, detect, and gather evidence for the prosecution of crimes involving computers.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Use operating systems and networking knowledge.
* Apply the principles of programming to develop applications and websites.
* Program for database connectivity.
* Define data modeling, data definition language, and data manipulation language.
* Define concepts of computer systems, hardware, programming languages, and databases.
* Research career opportunities in information technology.
* Identify issues and practices in information technology management.
Concentration courses for this program include:
* Computer Forensics
* Computer Crimes and Computer Forensics
* Forensics & Network Security
* Data Protection and Telecommunications