Comments about Bachelor of Science in Digital Art. - At the institution - Los Angeles - California
HCG School of Digital Arts at Shepherd University is located in Los Angeles, right next to Hollywood, where the global industries of filmmaking and digital content are concentrated. It’s a perfect atmosphere for an education based on the latest technology and practical work experience. With a special concentration on producing digital entertainment content, HCG School of Digital Arts focuses on producing qualified and talented professionals to meet industrial needs. This program will provide students with practical expertise enough to be highly qualified technicians, artists and designers in the fields of their future job positions. This program also gives students a choice to advance to the master degree program to achieve higher educational goal by providing students with advanced concepts, knowledge, and technology so that they can be well-qualified to be technical leaders, managers, and head developers or designers in the field of their specialties in the future.
The Bachelor of Science in Digital Arts program is made of two different concentrations:
- VFX (Visual Effects) & Animation major program aims to produce graduates who have developed a practical understanding of all the main areas of VFX, 3D animation, and motion graphics. Starting from the basic art concepts, students will learn various principles, practical technologies, and advanced tools for this discipline. By performing various related projects and completing portfolios, our students will be professions in the fields of digital contents productions such as animation movies, commercials, broadcasting, advertisements, game, and numerous fields in the industry.
- Game Art & Design major program offers a broad range of work-ready design and technology competencies focused on career paths in the specialty of game art and design. Students begin with a foundation in drawing, color, design, and computer applications. From this foundation, Students have the opportunity to develop advanced skills in various aspects of computer graphics and animation. Students can use tools of the computer animation profession, ranging from modeling to animation to game engines.
Why Study at Shepherd University's School of Digital Arts?
- Producing Qualified & Talented Professionals: With a special concentration on producing digital entertainment content, our School of Digital Arts focuses on producing qualified and talented professionals to meet industrial needs.
- Learn from Working Professionals: Our professors have worked with Universal Studios, DreamWorks, Disney Interactive, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Twentieth Century Fox, Nickelodeon Animation Studios, and Warner Brothers on many projects including Avatar, Transformers 3, Star Wars Episode 1(3D), Kung Fu Panda, and more.
- Scholarship program: The Hollywood CG School of Digital Arts at Shepherd University is offering a scholarship program to creative students to support the next generation of global leaders in entertainment and digital content.
- Project Oriented Education: Lectures and projects are concentrated towards actual work to produce graduates with competitive skills.
Other programs related to Digital Art