AIU offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication with a concentration in Graphic Design that can help prepare students to become creative and technically proficient graphic artists. This degree program integrates theory, practice, and team-oriented learning to help students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the field.
The Visual Communication program at AIU is designed to educate and develop artistic and imaginative students for careers in the fields of commercial art and design. The program emphasizes the development of the thinking process and the ability to solve design problems creatively. Students can learn the principles, practical applications, technologies, and methodologies used in solving complex design problems in a creative and unique manner.
The BFA in Visual Communication with a concentration in Graphic Design can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Graphic Designer or Artist
* Brand Communicator
* Production Artist
* Packaging/Brand Designer
* Print/Interactive Designer
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BFA in Visual Communication with a concentration in Graphic Design features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Key topics addressed in this degree program include the uses of typography in design, the development of corporate identity materials, branding and packaging, and the process of producing an ad campaign.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Plan and create effective, cohesive design solutions using a variety of media.
* Use current software and technology to create digital compositions while applying color theory and graphic design principles.
* Plan and design interactive projects that demonstrate navigational and organizational methodologies.
* Apply project management and teamwork skills to address digital design industry issues.
* Develop skills for effective oral and written communication, presentation, and critical thinking.
* Apply business principles and practices that satisfy project requirements.
* Refine existing pieces for inclusion into a professional portfolio.
Concentration courses for this program include:
* Advanced Typography
* Corporate Identity Development
* Branding and Packaging
* Design Production