Lawrence Tech's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design is a comprehensive overview the ever-changing field of graphic design that ranges from traditional print media to the latest innovations in electronic multimedia and time based mediums of video and sound. Students will receive experience in the fundamental skills, history and theory of graphic design. Critical thinking and creativity are important in the development of the person as well as the professional and are emphasized throughout the curriculum. Emphasis will be placed on students developing a distinctive point-of-view for their creative activities.
You will start with drawing and three-dimensional design to develop artistic skill and sensitivity to traditional materials. Elective courses available in architecture and design, business, computer science, or engineering will allow you to further explore creative avenues.
Lawrence Tech's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design program offers you a rich liberal arts core curriculum encouraging intellectual inquiry as the foundation of a lifelong awareness that informs artistic expression. Studies in literature, the sciences, philosophy, math, and history all contribute to the vision of the imaging professional.
Theory and practice, Lawrence Tech's underlying philosophy, are the essentials to an effective and marketable designer. All graduates are required to complete a 150-hour internship program where they apply their theoretical knowledge to real life situations and receive mentoring from practicing professionals.
Why Lawrence Tech's BFA in Graphic Design?
* Interdisciplinary opportunities in the College of Architecture and Design
* Team-centered environment.
* New Technology and Learning Building that houses studios and digital labs.
* All students will have Macintosh laptop computers with industry-standard software.
* Digital labs that feature advanced capabilities in graphic design, animation and virtual reality.
* New photography studio.
* Digital cameras and digital video available.
* Courses in Web Design, Video, and Digital Photography.
* Faculty have practice experience in the field.
* Excellent career oriented job opportunities.
* Great location centered in the Detroit metropolitan area
Graduates with a degree in Graphic Design have many career options:
* Art direction/advertising design
* Marketing/brand identity
* Packaging design
* Web design
* Information design (books, manuals, charts, maps)
* Editorial design (magazines and newspapers)
* Commercial publication design (brochures, catalogs, posters)
* Environmental graphics design (signage and way-finding)
* Exhibition design
* Game design
* Multimedia design (film, animation, set design)