Video games. Computer simulations. Virtual reality. The results of their work can be found nearly everywhere. Today, more and more industries are coming to rely on game designers and developers to help them entertain and inform customers. In turn, these game designers and developers must rely on their own skills, creativity, and knowledge of the latest technologies and programming languages to succeed in this competitive field.
The AIU Bachelor of Fine Arts in Game Design and Development can help prepare students for this fast-moving and highly creative industry. The program combines theory, hands-on experience and group projects to help students develop the necessary skills in 2D and 3D art and animation, programming in industry-standard languages, and game design and production.
The BFA in Game Design and Development also features a career-relevant concentration in Game Art that allows students to focus on this aspect of the field in greater depth.
The BFA in Game Design and Development with a concentration in Game Art can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Game or Level Designer
* Character Artist
* 3D Modeler
* 3D Animator
* Texture Artist
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BFA in Game Design and Development with a concentration in Game Art features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Key topics addressed in this degree program include 3D modeling & animation, level creation using commercial engines, digital audio and video production, and demo reel creation.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Research game genres, styles, and trends to aid in the design of games and business plans.
* Create, evaluate, and edit storyboards, scripts, graphics, media assets, audio files, soundtracks, and animation.
* Write documentation for computer games, and develop game narratives, character histories, and online help files.
* Design and develop a complete game level from storyboard through media distribution.
* Prepare a portfolio and demo reel to assist in securing a job in the game design and development industry.
* Use appropriate professional, legal, and ethical guidelines for decision-making.
Concentration courses for this program include:
* Media Design II
* Media Design III
* Game Design III
* Concept Development and Level Design II