The Fashion Marketing program at AIU is designed to provide students with the education and experience necessary for successful careers in the dynamic field of fashion marketing. The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Marketing offers training from a global perspective in the areas of marketing, strategic planning, fashion retailing, event planning/promotion, public relations, product development and computer-aided design. In addition, students can gain an understanding of the innovative career opportunities that exist in this exciting field.
The BFA in Fashion Marketing can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Fashion or Retail Buyer
* Retail Store Manage
* Boutique Owner
* Image Consultant
* Retail or Visual Merchandiser
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BFA in Fashion Marketing features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the industry. Some of the key topics addressed in this degree program include the history of fashion, trend forecasting, product development, retail buying, event planning, and the principles of fashion marketing.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Research information and trends in fashion marketing, such as the fashion profession; marketing plans, tactics, and principles; and product development.
* Analyze fashion trends, consumer needs, and preferences that are used to forecast, plan, develop, and promote clothing lines.
* Discuss how consumer attitudes, beliefs, and buying habits affect marketing, display, and merchandising decisions.
* Use market research to plan publicity events, develop promotional strategies, and create effective advertising campaigns.
* Explore the characteristics of finished products such as textiles, apparel, and accessories.
* Relate production, distribution, sourcing, buying, and management of merchandising to customer needs.
* Apply marketing techniques, management concepts, and retailing methods to strategic business decisions while maintaining ethical and legal guidelines.