In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Bachelor of Business Administration also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of business administration, graduates in this degree program will be able to accomplish the following:
* Explain and apply fundamental accounting and financial management operations to enhance business decision making processes.
* Discuss economic factors associated with government, business, and consumer environments and apply theoretical techniques to analyze markets.
* Apply management, human resource, and personnel practices to organizational problem solving.
* Integrate market and marketing information into a strategic plan.
* Apply concepts of contract, tort, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), and property law to business situations.
* Articulate the external and internal environments of a business organization and formulate appropriate strategies in the context of competitive forces and environmental factors.
* Collect information through the use of various data tools enhancing business problem solving capabilities.
* Describe how information systems transform business processes within the modern corporate organization.
The Bachelor of Business Administration is a professionally focused degree that produces graduates who possess practical knowledge and associated critical thinking skills desired in today’s competitive business world. Students will be grounded in the study of business through a core curriculum of management, information systems, marketing, law, finance, accounting, economics, and business strategy. They are also given the opportunity to pursue interesting specializations in areas of their choice including business analysis, entrepreneurial/small business, international business management, information technology management, and marketing. This degree is applicable for any student interested in or working in any number of business, government, military, or other professions.