In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Bachelor of Arts in Religion also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of religion, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
* Define the term “religion” and identify religion’s influence throughout society.
* Identify and summarize the universal and unique forms of religious expression such as sacred places, symbols, ethics, and rituals.
* Describe the concepts that comprise a religious worldview such as the creation of the world, good and evil, salvation, and the meaning of suffering.
* Discuss the various political, social, and other forms of religious life that are evident in different societies.
* Synthesize knowledge of the cultural, social, scientific and religious aspects of society.
* Appreciate the role that faith can play in a balanced worldview.