In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Bachelor of Arts in Political Science also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of Political Science, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
* Investigate the fundamental theories and philosophies of government, governance, economy, and civil society and apply them to contemporary political systems.
* Examine the political elements of representative democracy and compare and contrast those elements with other political systems.
* Describe the three institutions of government that create and implement federal policy.
* Analyze the historical evolution and contemporary manifestations of the federal system and its intergovernmental implications.
* Explain the evolution of interest groups in the United States and their various roles assumed in both historical and modern democratic processes.
* Explain the perspectives of political parties and their impact on federal, state, and local government.