18-Month Program (January Start)
The Simon School is one of only a few leading business schools offering an accelerated degree for Full-Time M.B.A. study. You may begin in January, completing an 18-month accelerated version of our M.B.A. with identical degree requirements as our traditional 2-year program students. This cohort enrolls approximately 50-60 students annually. The Admissions Committee looks for similar qualities in its candidates for both the traditional and accelerated M.B.A. programs, but generally expects individuals to demonstrate a greater tenure of work experience if applying for accelerated study. January entry for the accelerated M.B.A. is appealing if you:
* Have significant work experience and do not need to complete an internship
* Need more time to accumulate financial resources for graduate school
* Must remain at your job longer than expected
* Are sponsored by your employer
* Wish to accelerate earning a degree with less time away from your career
Internships for Accelerated M.B.A.
The accelerated 18 month M.B.A. curriculum was not originally designed to accommodate a summer internship. However, pursuit of an internship may be possible, for a highly motivated student if certain conditions are met. Students should consider the following when determining eligibility to pursue an internship:
* The US Immigration and Naturalization Service requires enrollment of international students for at least one full academic year (three quarters) before eligibility is granted within the United States for paid, off-campus employment, including an internship. Participation in our English Language and US Culture (ELUSC) Program, is one option that may fulfill this particular requirement and requires approval by the Admissions Committee.
* Your choices of concentration within the M.B.A. program may only allow for a Rochester-based internship if the courses required to graduate on time are only available during the summer quarter. You should carefully review the timing of course offerings before considering pursuit of a summer internship to ensure that all degree requirements are met within the required timeframe.
Costs for the Accelerated Program
The tuition for the accelerated program is identical to the traditional M.B.A. program as the same 20 courses are required. However, living expenses are reduced, due to 4 fewer months of study. This helps accelerate your return on investment, and also allows you to return to full-time employment more quickly. We offer partial-tuition, merit-based scholarships to highly qualified candidates and student loans are also available to U.S. citizens and residents, as well as international students who have an identified U.S. citizen or resident serving as a co-signer.