The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine provides statewide teaching, research and service programs benefiting animal health, public health and environmental health. The only veterinary school in the University of California system, the school is ranked among the top veterinary schools in the nation by US News & World Report.
Since 1948, the School of Veterinary Medicine has been serving the public through statewide teaching, research and service programs benefiting animal health, public health and environmental health in California and beyond.
Degrees and programs
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) (4-year program)
- Master of Preventive Veterinary Medicine (MPVM)
- DVM/PhD dual degree for veterinarian-scientists (VSTP)
- Hospital residency program for veterinarian in 32 specialties, largest in the nation
- MS and PhD degrees in 17 academic disciplines
- Master of Public Health jointly offered with UC Davis School of Medicine
- Continuing professional education for veterinarians and animal health technicians