The Spencerian Success Story
Spencerian College has earned an excellent reputation through its tens of thousands of successful graduates since its founding in Louisville in 1892. Spencerian College continues to provide an unmatched history of offering its students a unique opportunity to prepare for a successful career in today’s professional world. This is the direct result of Spencerian College’s commitment to a quality career education – an education for success in a setting that is vibrant with success!
History of the College
Spencerian College was founded in 1892 by Enos Spencer, a nationally recognized business educator of his time. In the history book entitled Beginning of the Business School, author Charles G. Reigner states: “The name Spencerian had imbedded itself in the consciousness of the American people. The name had been associated with business schools for almost a hundred years. It is an honored name."
Spencerian College still proudly stands for quality career education, expanding into Allied Health and Technology as a growing dynamic institution. Thousands of Spencerian graduates hold positions in business, medical professions, and industry all across the country, and employers continue to seek Spencerian graduates to meet their employment needs.
Spencerian College is proud of its distinctive reputation earned over the past century. The college is positioned to prepare its graduate to meet the employment needs of the next century.
In 1997 Spencerian opened its Lexington campus, located in the heart of "bluegrass country." Please refer to a separate academic catalog for that campus.
Spencerian specializes in business and medical areas at the main campus and medical and technical programs at the branch campus in Lexington. The college continues to adapt to employer needs in a continuous process of program and course evaluation.
The mission of Spencerian College is to provide men and women with quality training for careers in the business, technical, and healthcare professions. This mission is met through providing;
* A favorable environment for learning that includes a faculty that is academically and professionally prepared to assist each student toward relevant employment;
* An experienced administration interested in, and receptive to, new ideas and concepts for continued improvement of the college and its programs of study;
* Industry-standard equipment and facilities so that graduates will be able to utilize their training on this equipment in their initial employment;
* Continuous evaluation and appraisal of every facet within the college's program, ensuring relevance to the needs and demands of business and of the community, and ensuring effectiveness in preparing the graduate for career success;
* An employment service for graduates that provides meaningful assistance in matching the graduate to available job openings.