Who We Are
The Northwest College of Construction is a privately funded, non-profit educational facility.
To promote life-long learning by delivering craft, technical, supervisory and management education to the construction industry.
The Northwest College of Construction envisions a facility where:
* Workers obtain high-performance skills.
* Employers gain the skilled workers needed to compete in the construction marketplace.
* Students are offered as broad a range of course selections as possible.
* Employer associations reflecting the full-range of the industry participate.
* Participating organizations can maintain their individual identities.
* Cultural diversity is promoted.
* We reach out to economically and socially disadvantaged youth, helping them to be knowledgeable of career advancement opportunities in the construction industry.
* We work with government and private agencies or foundations to help mentor disadvantaged individuals.
* We explore opportunities with public school districts in order to leverage resources for the delivery of professional-technical education.
* We serve as the best resource for matching employers' needs with worker aspirations.
At the Northwest College of Construction, our core values include the following:
* PERFORMANCE - We believe in setting standards that encourages everyone to perform at their best thus allowing them to excel in a competitive marketplace.
* TEAMWORK- We believe that working together fosters productivity and allows students to have input in their career paths. We encourage collaboration to create new ideas.
* QUALITY - We are committed to continually improving our programs, services, and our organization as a whole.
* PARTNERSHIP - We realize the benefits of joining forces within the industry and in the business community to accomplish shared goals.
* EDUCATION - We believe in being an innovator of life-long learning processes.
At the Northwest College of Construction, our culture is defined as an environment that fosters:
* Efficiency of operation and confidence in our ability to perform.
* A stable growing orientation striving for continued improvement.
* Staff and instructors that believe every student can succeed.
* A reality by employers that they are getting real value for their investment.
* A dedication to educating those willing to learn supported by staff and the industry at large.
* Educational best practices to fulfill industry needs.
* Openness to all customers we serve.