Postgraduate Course in Advertising and Editorial Photography
- Type of course : Postgraduate
- Language : English
- School: Visual Communication
- IED Credits: 20
- Start date: October 2019
- Duration: 3 months
- Timetable : Morning-Afternoon 10.00 - 13.00 h (M - F. 4 or 5 day per week) Selected workshops will take place from 10.00 to 14.00 h
- Attendance: in-person
- Qualification: Private qualification at the end of the course, when the student will receive a certificate.
- Directed to : Students with photography qualifications, fine arts, media, advertising and communication. Young photographers who wish to specialise in professional photographer. Photographers who work in the sector and want to develop their own style in their professional and personal work.
- Admission process : · Curriculum vitae. · Motivation letter. · Technical photography knowledge (One Year Photography Course of the IED Madrid or equivalent); basic post-production knowledge and familiarity with different audiovisual formats. · Art project portfolio · Personal interview if the management deems it necessary. · In order to take part in the course, students must have their own camera.
All the advertising photography keys you need to know in order to carry out your personal project and stand out in the industry with your own creative profile.
The world of advertising has changed radically in the last decade, but what has not changed is the need to present products and services via images and visual narratives.
This postgraduate course is focused on editorial and advertising work, which includes knowledge of design, photographic edition for books and magazines, commercial productions, etc. A personal, solid and attractive work which can make all the difference when persuading customers and commercial agents.
- Offer students a view of the current trends in advertising and editorial
- Implement the tools and knowledge used in the photography industry.
- Introduce different modes of practice in applied photography.
- Reflect upon the role of the photographer within the media.
- Experience what it’s like to create a professional campaign that is good
- enough to be published.
- Develop a personal project to stand out in the industry with your own
- creative profile.
- Examine photographic practices within contemporary media contexts.
- Familiarise students with contemporary working methods in the field of editorialion, studio management, post-production and publishing.
- Analyse the challenges and limitations of the market in times of strong media convergence and downsizing.
- Industrial advertising photographer
- Editorial photographer
- Post-production artist
- Images editor
- Agency Assistant