The adult education
and training program prepares working professionals to teach adult learners in a variety of roles. Alumni hold positions as corporate trainers, adult basic education
instructors and as teachers of ESL. Employers include for-profit and non-profit organizations, community colleges, and governmental agencies.
Both Master of Arts in Education and Master of Education
options are offered. The course focus prepares students to serve adult populations as their teachers, trainers and leaders.
There are many benefits to enrolling in the Adult Education program:
- Program may be taken part-time by working professionals
- Classes meet late afternoons and evenings once weekly
- Range of electives allow customization in your area of interest
- Field component allows application of program content in your chosen profession
- Social justice and ethical dilemmas are explored throughout the program