For students who want to be prepared to assume managerial positions and leadership roles in variety of health care settings, our 39-credit program in Health Care Administration incorporates a variety of distance learning modalities allowing them to earn the MSN and gain the skill and knowledge needed to successfully work in a Magnet healthcare environment or create a Magnet environment. Course content addresses transformational leadership, relationship building, creating a professional practice environment, and evidence based management practice in addition to the financial and economic issues of healthcare.
Our graduates make an impact on the provision of health care services. They are employed in health care settings around the world as chief operating officers, vice presidents, division directors and nurse managers.
At the completion of this concentration, the graduates are prepared to be knowledgeable and effective managers in diverse health care environments. The educational objectives are designed to address the following competencies:
• Clinical leadership and outcome measurement
• Communication and relationship building
• Maintaining fiscal accountability
• Quality improvement and environmental safety
• Team management
• Implementing and managing change
• Collaborative problem solving
• Human resource management
• Professional accountability and advocacy