Comments about Master of Science in Information Technology - At the institution - Los Angeles - California
HCG School of Digital Arts at Shepherd University is located in Los Angeles, right next to Hollywood, where the global industries of filmmaking and digital content are concentrated. It’s a perfect atmosphere for an education based on the latest technology and practical work experience. With a special concentration on producing digital entertainment content, HCG School of Digital Arts focuses on producing qualified and talented professionals to meet industrial needs. This program aims to provide students with advanced concepts, knowledge, and technology so that they can be well-qualified to be technical leaders, managers, and head developers or designers in the field of their specialties in the future.
The Master of Science in Information of Technology has two top areas:
- The VFX & Animation Master of Science Degree Program aims to produce graduates who are equipped with enough ability for the research, management, production, or development in the field of VFX and animation. Students will learn various principles, practical technologies, and concepts for this discipline. By performing various projects, completing advanced portfolios or performing research, our students will be leaders in the fields of digital content productions, such as animation movies, commercials, broadcasting, advertisements, games, and numerous fields in the industry.
- The Game Art & Design Master of Science Degree Program is comprised of high-level game art & design and production courses that take students deep into the game production pipeline. Students will expand and advance their project and art & design skills through hands-on exercises in leadership, team management, game art& design, and marketing, while students learn the skills they need to advance their career in the game production industry. During the course of the program, students will be responsible for completing a game design document, an academic capstone project, and a presentation.
Why Study at Shepherd University's School of Digital Arts?
- Producing Qualified & Talented Professionals: With a special concentration on producing digital entertainment content, our School of Digital Arts focuses on producing qualified and talented professionals to meet industrial needs.
- Learn from Working Professionals: Our professors have worked with Universal Studios, DreamWorks, Disney Interactive, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Twentieth Century Fox, Nickelodeon Animation Studios, and Warner Brothers on many projects including Avatar, Transformers 3, Star Wars Episode 1(3D), Kung Fu Panda, and more.
- Scholarship program: The Hollywood CG School of Digital Arts at Shepherd University is offering a scholarship program to creative students to support the next generation of global leaders in entertainment and digital content.
Other programs related to digital art