AIU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Accounting was created to help prepare students with a unique, market-relevant combination of comprehensive business studies and real-world financial applications. This degree program is designed to offer students the advanced knowledge, skills, and practical, experience-based education necessary to focus on accounting careers that are experiencing dynamic growth.
The MBA with a concentration in Accounting can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a/an:
* Senior Staff Accountant
* Independent Accountant
* Director of Accounting
* Accounting Manager
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The MBA in Accounting features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Some of the key topics covered in this degree program include using financial data to plan, manage and control business functions; allocating resources to achieve corporate objectives; and preparing and analyzing financial reports.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Adapt and innovate to solve problems.
* Analyze various leader, follower, cultural, and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership, and adapt to the needs of situations, employees, and co-workers.
* Apply quantitative reasoning and analysis to business and management problems using knowledge of mathematics, statistics, finance and, economics.
* Develop plans to improve business operations.
* Apply principles of quantitative and qualitative research to business cases, and evaluate the quality of research presented based on these principles.
* Use knowledge of economic concepts, principles, and theory to critically analyze and evaluate economic problems and opportunities.
* Use critical thinking skills, including deriving the issue, understanding argument reasoning and developing conclusions.
* Discuss the opportunities provided by technology for businesses.
* Recognize and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts.
* Communicate effectively in business situations.