M.S. in Education - Online

Speak without obligation to University of Southwest

To contact you must accept the privacy policy

Comments about M.S. in Education - Online

  • Course description
    Admission to the graduate program is open to qualified applicants with a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association.

    Applicants for admission to the graduate program are evaluated on the individual merits of their academic achievements and their potential to complete graduate level coursework and curriculum requirements.

    University of the Southwest seeks applicants for graduate study who are academically well-prepared, have shown dedication to their profession, and are highly motivated.

    The graduate program attracts well-qualified candidates from various cultural backgrounds, geographic areas, economic levels, and age groups. University of the Southwest is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for candidates without regard to race, color, gender, disability, or national origin.

    As an independent educational institution, the University reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant whose academic preparation, character, or personal conduct is determined to be inconsistent with the Mission and purposes of the University.

    As a professional graduate school, the School of Education (SOE) expects its graduate candidates to be well-qualified professionals, to be grounded in practical experience, and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.

    Applicants are required to successfully complete the graduate course, Educational Research, during the first availabe semester in which it is scheduled.

    Most Master's degrees require the successful completion of a Graduate Internship*, Practica*, or Thesis** (see the degrees listed below with astericks). Prior to graduation, a written and/or oral comprehensive exam is required in lieu of a thesis or master's project.

    The SOE offers graduate coursework that leads to a Master's of Science in Education with specialization in one of the following:

        * Counseling: School Counselor*
        * Counseling: Mental Health*
        * Curriculum and Instruction *
        * Curriculum and Instruction: Bilingual
        * Curriculum and Instruction: TESOL
        * Curriculum and Instruction: Reading*
        * Early Childhood Education*
        * Educational Administration*
        * Educational Diagnostics*
        * School Business Administration**
        * Special Education

    Graduates who receive a Master's degree in School Counseling, Educational Administration, and/or Educational Diagnostics may apply for a New Mexico license. However, in order to receive a New Mexico license in one of these specializations, the graduate must pass the appropriate licensing exam or New Mexico Teacher Assessment. These assessments are administered only in the state of New Mexico.

    Individuals who do not wish to apply for a New Mexico license in school counseling, educational administration, and/or educational diagnostics should check with their state's department of education to determine how their licensure requirements compare with New Mexico's requirements.

Other programs related to education administration

This site uses cookies.
If you continue navigating, the use of cookies is deemed to be accepted.
See more  |