The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration program at SJVC prepares you for year-round job security in a high-demand field. Training focuses on theories of heating, refrigeration and air conditioning. Students study the operation, maintenance and repair of residential and commercial equipment.
* Diagnostic practices
* Correct hazardous waste disposal
* Science of heating and cooling principles
* Basic theories of electricity
Our hands-on approach to teaching allows you to develop the skills you need for an HVACR career.
A Refrigeration and Air Conditioning service technician is qualified to work in many areas including:
* Residential heating/cooling (household refrigeration and appliance repair)
* Commercial refrigeration heating and cooling installation (mini marts, retail stores, restaurants, hotels, office complexes, food storage and processing plants)
* Industrial refrigeration (cold storage and manufacturing plants)
* Transport refrigeration (truck/trailer refrigeration, railroad, ocean-going and air freight)
Graduates earn an Associate of Science degree along with the following certifications:
o EPA Certification
o HVAC Excellence
o Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry (ARI) Certification