Learn the skills you need to succeed in Dressmaking and Design
— at home, at your own pace with Penn Foster Career School.
Develop your natural talent for Dressmaking and Design with the Penn Foster Career School Dressmaking and Design distance learning program. Your customers, neighbors, and friends will respect your skills and admire the clothes you create. Train quickly and conveniently with our “Quick Learn” method.
Learn how to:
- Identify fibers and fabrics and care for them
- Select the right material for a project
- Mark, cut, and tack fabric for a proper fit
- Finish garments and alter patterns
And you’ll learn it all at home – no classroom needed! You’ll get valuable information about alterations and fitting, drafting patterns, and designing by draping.
Start a rewarding career in the field of Dressmaking and Design.
Why take a Dressmaking and Design training program? With the right credentials, you can:
- Work for a design agency, a tailor, or start your
- Create your own designs as a hobby or for extra income.
There will always be a demand for professional Dressmakers. Create new, unique styles for yourself or your friends and customers at half the cost, alter favorite garments, or add your special touches to costumes for special occasions.