Our group classes start every Monday during the year, except for Argentine holidays, and consist of 20 hours a week from 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. This schedule is conducive to learning Spanish as our students can take what they learn in the classroom in the morning and use it around the city in the afternoon.
Our average group class size is 4 students giving students plenty of one-on-one time with their teacher and ample time for questions or review. Students can practice conversation, engage in group activities, improve sentence structure, and maintain fluency throughout their Spanish learning with their fellow classmates.
All course materials, internet access and the student services that are provided at our school are included in the price. There are no reservation or booking fees.
At Expanish we believe the best approach to learning a language is to also learn about the culture and how the two intertwine. For this reason, we organize a number of activities and workshops so that our students can apply the Spanish that they have learned in the classroom to real life situations in order to improve upon both their speaking and comprehension abilities. These activities range from weekly student / staff dinners to day trips to the delta town of Tigre to visiting an Estancia (or Argentine ranch).
Expanish Spanish School is a member of SEA (Association of Language Centers in Argentina). We follow the accredited Spanish curriculum model of the Cervantes Institute. Our teaching methods combine a variety of successful methodologies in order to ensure the most effective courses possible for our students.
Our Spanish teachers are native Spanish speakers. All of the Expanish staff and Spanish teachers are professional, energetic, and committed to student learning.
Expanish offers many activities to complement our Spanish classes which provide students the opportunity to practice their Spanish with locals and to also learn about Argentine culture. We offer our students the following immersion experiences:
Accommodation options with a native Spanish speaker
- Homestay (includes 2 daily meals)
- Shared Apartments
Weekend Excursions from Buenos Aires – a chance to practice your Spanish!
- Day trip to Colonia, Uruguay
- Day trip to an Estancia (traditional ranch), Argentina
- Weekend trip to Iguazú Falls, Argentina
- Weekend trip to Mendoza, Argentina
Weekly Activities – an opportunity to put your new-found Spanish skills to the test
Spanish student activities are offered every day of the week in Buenos Aires in order to supplement the student experience without interfering with Spanish school coursework. The coordination of these activities is included in each student’s Spanish course. Most activities offered are free or at a low cost for students to cover entrance fees or meal costs.
- Weekly staff and student dinners
- Weekly soccer games
- Day trips to Tigre
- Local band concerts
- Day at an Estancia (traditional Argentine ranch)
- Asados (Argentine barbecue)
- Wine tasting
- Cooking classes
- Tango show and classes
- Museum and exhibit visits
- Theater and movie outings
- Running and bike tours and more
Workshops – learn a new skills while practicing Spanish
- Fileteado painting
Our School is in a beautiful historical building. The interior has been newly refurbished and is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment, comfortable classrooms and spacious student common areas to facilitate the pursuit of learning while also providing a place to rest, relax and socialize.
Some of the features of our Expanish Spanish School (from July 2010) are:
- Large street entrance and welcome area
- 6 purpose built floors
- naturally-lit classrooms
- Student amenities and administration
- Two elevators and staircase
- Bathroom facilities on every floor
- Sound proof windows
- Top floor student common room complete with sofas, computers and study area
- Student common room co-located with the teachers common room to facilitate engagement
- Student snack areas
- Projection room for DVD/video screenings
- E-lab with 10 computer terminals (from 2011)
- Tutorial and seminar rooms
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Rooftop terrace with superb views of the city (open 2011)
- Air-conditioning and central heating
- Electronically controlled entrance
The cost includes:
- Spanish placement level test
- Pre-arrival and welcome package
- Spanish class materials
- 24-hour emergency telephone
- Computer terminals for use and free internet access
- Free snacks, water, juice, tea and coffee
- Student advice and support
- Various weekly activities
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course