Comments about Associate Degree in Computer Support Technology - At the institution - Visalia - California
San Joaquin Valley College’s Computer Support Technology (CST) program provides an in-depth study of the operating systems, applications and network elements of today’s businesses. The focus is on Microsoft® and CompTIA certifications, as well as computer help desk concepts and technology.
* Installation and maintenance of computer systems & servers
* Computer hardware and operating systems
* Troubleshooting and help desk support
* Microsoft® and internet networking technologies
* Network security and maintenance
Coursework prepares you to test for certification in 10 areas of computer knowledge and proficiency. All first-round testing expenses are included with tuition.
Well-trained computer support technicians are in high demand. You’ll be prepared to work in virtually any business that utilizes computers in roles such as:
* Computer Support Technician
* Help Desk Representative
* Network Administrator
* Hardware Technician
* Network Technician
Things You Might Do on the Job
* Install and maintain computer operating systems
* Set-up and administrate computer networks
* Maintenance of internet, intranet and extranet infrastructure
* Manage help desk & provide user support
* Implement network security
Graduates of the Visalia CST program earn an Associate of Science degree and are eligible to take exams for CompTIA and Microsoft® certifications.