The AIU Media Production program strives to provide students with both a solid academic foundation as well as industry-current skills in a variety of fields, including audio and sound recording, editing, digital design, computer animation, lighting, scriptwriting, and even directing. Graduates can be well-positioned to compete for entry-level jobs in this exciting industry.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Media Production with a concentration in General Media Production provides students with a comprehensive look at this diverse industry, offering course in an array of topics related to many different areas of production.
The BFA in Media Production with a concentration in General Media Production can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Production Assistant
* Film and Video Editor
* Sound Recording Specialist
* Videographer/Director of Photography
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The BFA in Media Production with a concentration in General Media Production features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Students are given the opportunity to learn about nearly every aspect of media production, from lighting and scriptwriting to directing and post-production.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Create documents for media production such as proposals, treatments, scripts, storyboards, budgets, shot lists, and production schedules.
* Apply basic skills in directing, shooting, and audio recording.
* Use editing software to perform tasks such as organize bins, digitize, and add color bars, slates, titles, graphics, and special effects.
* Mix all audio levels for a media production.
* Discuss the responsibilities and roles of different positions within the media production field.
* Evaluate the technical proficiency of media productions.
Concentration courses for this program include:
* Producing and Directing
* Lighting for Television and Video
* Basic and Advanced Video Editing