Students must earn a total of 132 semester units with an overall cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.0 in order to receive their degree. A minimum of 12 units must be taken in Art History. A Petition to Graduate form must be filed by students with the Student Services Office prior to their last semester if they are to be eligible for graduation at the end of that semester. Students should contact their Student Advisor for detailed information regarding the petition period and deadlines.
Graduates of the Academy of Art
University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
- Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.