In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Associate of Arts in History also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of history, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
* Compare and contrast the historical experiences that go beyond a single time period and national or cultural experience.
* Interpret historical forces that have shaped social change and contemporary human problems.
* Analyze history from diverse perspectives of ancient and contemporary historical cultures, nations, and regions.
* Analyze history from in-depth study of one or more periods, cultures, nations, regions, or seminal events.
* Demonstrate an understanding of history as a creative enterprise, a subjective discipline, and an imaginative interpretation of the past through art and architecture.