Associate of Arts in Business Administration
Learning from Experience
The AABA degree program with a concentration in Medical Coding and Billing features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members, many of which have real-world experience in the field. Learning from experienced instructors, you can absorb knowledge that can immediately be applied in real-world professional situations. Instructors cover material including:
* The practical application of medical vocabulary.
* The procedures, skills, and activities necessary for establishing and maintaining an efficient medical and allied health office.
* An introduction to the generic components of health record content within various healthcare settings.
Applying Your Knowledge in the Real World
As you progress towards the successful completion of this degree program, you should be able to develop career-marketable skills, including how to:
* Demonstrate knowledge of information processing, retention, storage and retrieval that assist entry- to mid-level opportunities for graduates to work in healthcare organizations.
* Demonstrate knowledge of information technology systems used in the health industry to facilitate the collection, interpretation, analysis and retrieval of patient, financial, medical and administrative data and information.
* Demonstrate knowledge of classifying, coding of diagnosis, procedures and protocols used in coding systems in the health industry for medical records, insurance claims and billing for services provided.
Required Courses for the Online AABA with a concentration in Medical Coding and Billing
* Introduction to ICD Classification and Reimbursement
* Introduction to Coding and Billing
* Fundamentals of Healthcare Technology
Business Core Courses
* Introduction to Accounting
* Business and Society
* Business Ethics
* International Business
* Business Management and Leadership
* Fundamentals of Marketing
* Personal Finance Concepts
* Project Management
General Education Courses
* Art Appreciation
* Computer Applications
* English Composition
* College Algebra
* Aspects of Psychology