The Associate of Arts in Business Administration (AABA) offers a unique blend of courses that are intended to help prepare students to enter today's demanding business world. The broad base of fundamental business courses and general requirements can help foster critical thinking and communication skills.
The AABA degree program features a concentration in Business that is designed to provide students with an introduction to the global business environment, helping to prepare them for careers in the real world.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of principles and methods involved in promoting and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategies, consumer behavior theories and market segmentation for both traditional and electronic marketing plans.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of economic principles and practices, financial markets, banking, and the business economy.
* Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Effectively communicating with others verbally, in writing and reading and understanding written information and ideas.
* Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and critical thinking ability to understand and organize a problem, using the principles of mathematics and/or natural science, to propose solutions to solve the problem.
* Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and critical thinking ability to understand and apply the principles of human behavior as they relate to personal and professional situations, and to function effectively with others.
* Demonstrate the ability to use knowledge of technology to adapt to a technologically advancing society and to use computer applications and systems as learning tools and in the work place.