The Business Office Administration program is a 19-month specialized associate degree program that is designed to provide students with hands-on learning and workplace simulation in order to develop problem solving, planning, and communication skills.
Students can use computer software packages common in today's technologically advanced business setting. Areas of study include office systems, productivity software, record creation and management, office administration and processes, customer relations, and business communications.
Graduates of this program should be able to:
* Define and discuss basic concepts of business office administration
* Integrate software skills in an office environment
* Design effective processes for office operations
* Develop good customer service relations skills
* Explain internal and external customer relationships
* Use basic and advanced features of a spreadsheet application to develop business solutions
* Apply creativity skills to generate and deliver professional presentations
* Develop effective communication skills through practical and realistic applications
* Prepare and present various business documents
* Explain fundamental concepts of database and create and manage a database for an office
* Apply and integrate various software applications common to most current business environments
* Discuss basic knowledge of business law, accounting, and finance
* Integrate project management concepts and skills in the management of office projects
* Apply business and supervisory management skills
* Integrate skills learned in office simulations
* Develop appropriate career and professional skills for the business office administration field.
Study Business Office Administration and start pursuing your career goals at Gibbs College - Farmington!