Comments about Associate Degree in Accounting - At the institution - Columbus - OH - Ohio
Graduates are awarded the Associate Degree of Applied Science in Accounting. This curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the expanding accounting field.
Employers continue to seek better thinkers, superior problem-solvers and team players with a strong customer orientation. The Miami-Jacobs’ graduate will have a competitive edge because of the specialized method in which he or she has been trained. Miami-Jacobs’ graduates will have developed strong leadership skills and understand how to influence others positively.
Graduates of this program will be prepared for careers as any of the following: accounting clerks; accounts receivable clerks; accounts payable clerks; accounting coordinators; payroll clerks; bookkeepers; tax accountants; or a variety of other related positions.
* Evaluate financial and accounting statements.
* Prepare financial and accounting statements.
* Post journal entries.
* Effectively manage resources.
* Analyze financial data and make logical decisions.
* Prepare detailed reports.
* File tax documents accurately.
* Maintain books.