AIU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in Accounting and Finance was created to help prepare students with a unique, market-relevant combination of comprehensive business studies and real-world financial applications. This degree program is designed to offer students the advanced knowledge, skills, and practical, experience-based education necessary to focus on finance and accounting careers that are experiencing dynamic growth.
The MBA with a concentration in Accounting and Finance can help prepare students interested in developing and advancing a career as a:
* Financial Analyst
* Independent Accountant
* Senior Finance Associate
* Budget Analyst
* Purchasing Manager
Challenging, Relevant Coursework
The MBA in Accounting and Finance features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty members with real-world experience in the field. Students are asked to complete projects that allow them to conduct research in accounting and finance, perform cost analysis of value chains, study acquisitions and mergers, and learn about international finance.
Students who successfully complete the program should be able to:
* Adapt and innovate to solve problems.
* Analyze various leader, follower, cultural, and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership, and adapt to the needs of situations, employees, and co-workers.
* Apply quantitative reasoning and analysis to business and management problems using knowledge of mathematics, statistics, finance and, economics.
* Develop plans to improve business operations.
* Apply principles of quantitative and qualitative research to business cases, and evaluate the quality of research presented based on these principles.
* Use knowledge of economic concepts, principles, and theory to critically analyze and evaluate economic problems and opportunities.
* Use critical thinking skills, including deriving the issue, understanding argument reasoning and developing conclusions.
* Discuss the opportunities provided by technology for businesses.
* Recognize and manage potential ethical and legal conflicts.
* Communicate effectively in business situations.