Dental Assistants provide care and comfort to people with dental care needs. They're good with their hands and work well as a part of a team.
If the following qualities describe you, Dental Assisting might be a good program choice:
* Good manual dexterity
* Team player
* Reliable, responsible
* Respectful of confidentiality
* Work well in a fast-paced environment
* Get satisfaction from helping others
Graduates of Heald's Dental Assisting program pursue rewarding careers in a variety of settings, including general and specialty practices, dental clinics and hospitals, armed forces dental facilities, dental supply manufacturers, and insurance companies. You'll succeed in positions such as Dental Assistant, Chairside Assistant, Dental Receptionist, Dental Secretary-Bookkeeper, Office Manager, Dental Supply Salesperson, or Dental Insurance Specialist.
Receive hands-on experience in fully equipped labs:
* Training rooms with dental chairs
* Digital radiography equipment
* A dark room for dental x-ray development
* Sterilization and materials labs