Kaplan University’s Bachelor of Science in Environmental Policy and Management offers an interdisciplinary opportunity to study environmental issues and policy by exploring the interrelationship between public and private sectors and society, economics, and the environment. This program is designed to help you apply your talent in pursuit of careers in the public and private sectors, where environmental policy and its management are relevant to an organization’s function
This degree program focuses on the environment in conjunction with a set of core courses in science, economics, and policy. Students benefit from this highly diverse program that draws courses and faculty from across disciplines throughout the University, including business, arts and sciences, health sciences, and legal studies. The curriculum includes:
* Concepts of economics, ethics and values, environmental politics, business, law, culture, and property rights
* Study of the science of the environment and sustainability
* An examination of how institutions in society, including government, business, and nonprofits, participate in devising solutions to environmental issues
* Real problems and issues concerning the environment
* Opportunities for critical thinking and problem solving in the application of concepts and methods to issues at the local, national, and global level
This baccalaureate program could help prepare you to pursue a wide range of careers in the environmental field including: sustainability coordinator, corporate environmental specialist, environmental policy analyst, environmental policy advisor, energy advisor, program manager, program coordinator, compliance specialist, policy and planning consultant, conservation land manager, and waste management specialist.